Friday, July 3, 2009

Thing #12 Social Bookmarking, Tags, Delicious, and Diigo

I started using Delicious last year and have found that it is a fantastic way to keep track of the numerous websites that I use both personally and professionally. Initially tagging every bookmark can be tedious, but once this is accomplished adding new bookmarks is a breeze. I used to try to organize all my bookmarks within folders; this was somewhat effective but not as good as tagging, especially when trying to find a useful website of which I don't remember the title. It's also nice to have access to all your bookmarks no matter what computer you are using. I also like how Delicious allows you to see sites similar to those you have bookmarked based upon how others have tagged them.

After viewing the Diigo tutorial and exploring the Diigo website I might consider switching from Delicious. It seems to have all the features of Delicious plus more. I really like its ability to highlight and annotate webpages and create lists. It also has some nice features for educators and working with students. Both of these sites allow both teachers and students the ability to organize and discover valuable academic content online in an efficient manner.

No comments:

Post a Comment