Thursday, July 9, 2009

Thing #15 Online Collaboration Tools

I decided to use Dabbleboard to share ideas for a new card game with a couple of friends, one who lives in Massachusetts and the other in the Bay Area. Like any new program, the user interface took a little getting used to, but overall it worked fairly well. By the time we were finished, we had developed the basic structure, rules, and objective of the game. I could see how beneficial using Dabbleboard could be for teaching students who are enrolled in an online school or who cannot all meet at the same physical location. It could also allow students who are working in groups to brainstorm their ideas without having to be at the same place.

After taking a tour of Library Thing, I decided not to set up an account because I already use a Books application on Facebook that does essentially the same thing allowing me to rate and review books I have read and display books that I am currently reading.

No comments:

Post a Comment